Qualifications for earning letters, etc.
FRESHMEN: All freshmen will receive numerals. You can earn a Minor “G” if you compete in half or more of the meets as the top 7 in a F/S level. You can earn a Varsity “G” if you compete in half or more of the meets at the varsity level.
SOPHOMORE: All sophomores will receive a minor “G”. You can earn a Varsity “G” if you compete in half or more of the meets at the varsity level.
JUNIOR: All juniors will receive a JV “G”. You can earn a Varsity “G” if you compete in half or more of the meets at the varsity level.
SENIOR: You will receive a Varsity “G” if you have been and active member in the cross-country program for all four years since you were a freshman or for all three years since you were a sophomore.
A certificate may be awarded if you already received an earned letter previously.
To be considered for an award or letter, in addition to the requirements listed above, you must complete the season in good standing. A PARICIPATION CERTIFICATE may be awarded in lieu of a letter. The following criteria will be used and expected of you to complete the season in good standing:
- Effort in both practices and competition
- Punctuality and attendance
- Commitment to one’s self and to the school or team
- Responsibility and accountability
- Good Sportsmanship
- Respect for coaches and fellow team member
- Demonstrate appropriate behavior as a representative of Geneva H.S.
- Stay academically eligible
- Complete all obligations in regard to uniforms and equipment
- Adhere to the Geneva High School Code of Conduct
- Coaches’ discretion
Above all, have fun; enjoy the accomplishments this season will bring you with hard work, dedication and commitment. Winning an award is an honor and a privilege, not a gift. It has to be earned and achieved.